What We Do
The Song Room creates and delivers long term, self-sustaining workshop programs tailored to the specific needs of schools and communities.
Workshops include a range of creative and performing arts, run for a minimum of six months and are complemented by other programs including professional performances and holiday programs.
Programs are designed to build capacity for sustainable outcomes through a range of strategies, including:
- Provision of professional learning and mentoring for generalist classroom teachers
- Supply of instruments, equipment and resources through music industry sponsors
- Development of school-community-business linkages to increase access to other programs
- The Song Room Online for schools without specialist arts teachers to access support and resources
- Strategic partnerships and collaboration with arts and community organisations
- The Song Room also works with Universities and research institutions to conduct major research into arts education and its impact on educational and social outcomes